Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Day 338: Candles

This is gonna be a short post tonight, mostly because I really need to finish one paper (It's almost finished!) and write an entire other paper (or most of one at least). Can I do it? I guess we'll find out, but for now, here's a little bit of Disney for your day!

A couple weeks ago my college caf hosted a Thanksgiving dinner for everyone on campus, but tonight we had something a little different: Christmas Dinner! Yes, that's right, we had two nights of super super amazing food, and honestly it's really fun getting together with your closest friends and just laughing through the entire meal while you stuff yourself with food. And when I say stuff yourself, I mean it. You can see some of the food in the picture below...well, all of the food I ate at least. That wasn't anywhere near all of it.



But the part of this dinner that makes this blog post was that candle you see on the picture in the middle right slot. I ate Christmas dinner with my friends Emily, Megan and Jessica, and at some point previous to this meal, Jessica had blown out a candle and Emily was like "Now don't blow out the candle this time." I have no clue why.

Anyway, so the candle is lit when we get there and Jessica is like "I want to blow it out!" but Emily was like "No!" so the candle stayed lit through the meal. Eventually, as we were almost done, the joke came up again, and Jessica was like "I'm gonna blow it out" and Emily was still going "No!" Meanwhile I look at Megan (As Emily and Jessica were talking) and go "I really want to blow it out." Here's what happened:

Emily & Jessica Talking, Megan watches me.

Me: I hope you enjoy our story tonight, Reflections of Earth. (And then I timed it and blew out the candle).

Well then Jessica was like "NOOO!" and Emily was like "NOO!" (at least I think that's how it went down) and Megan and I are just there laughing. Maybe I was the only one who understood what I was doing (well, Megan might understand), but I thought it was pretty hilarious. I mean, it's not every day you get to blow out a candle and be like "Reflections of earth." It's just fun!

Here's today's Disney History: 1960: Walt Disney Presents debuts the first Daniel Boone episode titled "The Warrior's Path." A four-part miniseries based on the life of frontiersman Daniel Boone, a fast-talking salesman convinces Boone (played by Dewey Martin) to pull up stakes and move from North Carolina to the "promised land" of Kentucky. Boone, his wife Rebecca, and their friends are assured that if they travel along "The Warriors Path," a secret Indian Trail, their journey will be a safe one. Unfortunately, the Indians they encounter along the way are dangerous.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment