Thursday, December 19, 2013

Day 353: Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas

I love movies, obviously, and there are always Disney movies to watch at Christmas Time. So I watched some the other day, and of course one of them was Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas.



Now, I watched Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas all the time as a kid, and to be honest I did love it. Still do...only I can't really find my copy of it. It has to be somewhere around this house, I just can't figure out where it is. Sounds like I'll need to take to Netflix to watch that one. But this isn't about Once Upon a Christmas, this is about TWICE Upon a Christmas.

The film is made up of several short cartoons based around the different popular Disney characters in Toontown. So that means Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Goofy and Daisy, along with the various other family members that make the troop complete. And each one teaches a lesson about the holidays. So, for instance, Donald learns about what it means to be in the spirit of the season, and Mickey learns that it isn't about how many Christmas lights you have, but it's about the people you spend your holiday with.

I think my favorite of the little shorts is probably the one with Mickey and Pluto, but Minnie and Daisy comes in as a close second. I've always been a fan of Goofy and his son Max, but that one just doesn't do it for me. I liked the one on Once Upon a Christmas better. I guess overall I liked the original one better to be honest. I mean, I've always loved the story between Mickey and Minnie in that one too. It was just adorable.

So that pretty much sums this up I suppose. I watched this a week ago now, and a lot has gone on, so my memory on it is a little fuzzy (plus I've only got a ton of blog posts to write...goodness gracious me). And I'm waiting to start my next Christmas movie, although technically it's not really a movie I suppose. But you'll find out all about that in a later post!

Here's today's Disney History: 1843: A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens is first published in London by Chapman & Hall. Illustrated by John Leech, the story tells of sour and stingy Ebeneezer Scrooge's ideological, ethical and emotional transformation resulting from supernatural visits from Jacob Marley and the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Yet to Come.

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on December 29 due to time restrictions). 

No comments:

Post a Comment