Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Day 365: The End...Or...

Well, here's part one of the finale of 2013 (although technically it's posted as part two...go back a day to see the other half later today when I get around to posting it). It was kind of interesting trying to figure out how everything was going to fit together, but I knew I wanted this post to be the absolute last one for 2013, because it's like my final words on this giant crazy New Year's Resolution I had for 2013.

To be totally honest, I can't believe I'm sitting here right now. I can't even remember what made me decide, a year ago, to blog about Disney every day in 2013. I have no clue where that even really came up, other than for the fact that I had a mostly empty blog sitting here that could easily be used, and the title Everyday Disney lent itself well to the prospect of blogging everyday. So if anything, that's where the idea came from.

Over the past two days I've gone through every single post on my blog, as you will see in the post previous to this one, and while I didn't read all of them word for word (and for good reason...that could take days in itself), I did read a few posts, one of them being the very first one: Day 1: The Beginning...Of Your Future.

In that post I said this: "But since I don't have many (or any really) other New Years Resolutions, why can't this be it? Instead of planning to lose weight, eat better, read a series of books, learn how to bake or cook an entire new series of foods, or even write a story (something I am currently doing in my free time already), I am going to do this. I am going to write a blog, called Everyday Disney, which for 365 days, I will write a post a day, or at least put something on the blog in order to keep up with the days. I really do hope that I can accomplish this, because as it appears right now, I love the look of this blog and the idea that it holds, and I hope that you do too, since I would love to have some people follow and chat with me along the way, so that I can share my extreme love of Disney with everyone around me.

Thank you, and here's to a magical year, filled with endless possibilities and new frontiers!"

Have I accomplished everything I talked about in that first post? I like to think that I did. I've gotten behind on days more times than I can count, but I've always caught myself back up in one way or another...even if I had to write a post almost two months after the day it was being posted on. There's a story behind every post: where I wrote it, why I wrote it, who I wrote it about or with. And I've gotten the chance to meet and talk with some wonderful people along the way too...especially a number of you on Instagram!

But how have I changed through all of this? At the beginning of the year I was somewhat of a different person, but I guess they say that college does that to you. 2013 has been one of the more interesting years of my life, and it came with a lot of big decisions, adventures, changes and possibilities. But I'm happy to say that this blog has changed even how I look at Disney, and it's changed it in a good way. For the first time in my life, or at least in a really long time, I feel closer to Disney than ever before. Of course, things are once again changing with the new year, but I am very excited for my two upcoming trips in 2014 (and hopefully another one a year from now in January 2015).

I would like to personally thank everyone who has helped me with this blog, read the blog, glanced at the blog, promoted the blog, repined the pinterest posts, liked my pictures on Instagram, followed the Facebook page or anything else. Everyday Disney has become a very important part of my life, and I have to say that I'm really glad I decided to do it this year.

So, here's to 2013, and what a wonderful year it has been!

Here's today's Disney History: 1971: The very first Magic Kingdom New Year's Eve Party is held at Walt Disney World, from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.

Have a magical day and a very happy new year! See you in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment