Saturday, December 28, 2013

Day 362: I am Emma Swan

It's not the first time that my friends and I have debating which character we are. It all started back last year when I got my car, which I promptly named The Millennium Falcon. Of course, this development made me Han Solo, and my brother Chewbacca, and my cat Princess Leiabelle, my mom Lando, my best friend Darth Shovell, another friend Boba Fett (and his car the Slave I), and another of my friends became R2-D2. It all went down pretty quickly.

And then, I became Rapunzel, but that's story for another day. So my car was Maximus, and my cat my Pascal. Wherever Flynn Rider is I have no idea...but still. So then I was Han Solo and Rapunzel.

But when it comes to Once Upon a Time, we're all kind of confused. Considering we all just love the song "You're my Mate," and my best friend is the Charming to my Hook, I originally was Hook. It makes sense, because then my car would be the Jolly Roger, since it is also Maximus anyways (there was that pin that one time). So if I'm Hook and my best friend is Charming and my other friend is Rumplestiltskin, it all works out...kind of.

Except there's the fact that I've been rewatching Season 1 with people and my wardrobe is basically the wardrobe of Emma Swan. And her parents are Mary Margaret and David and my parents are Mary and David. I call my younger brother "Kid" all the time, just like Emma calls Henry that, and while I haven't been to jail (and don't plan on it), haven't been in the foster system or any of those other things, I DO love Hot Chocolate with Cinnamon (and Coffee for those JavaSwan shippers like me).

Seriously though...sometimes I go to my closet and have to think "Ok, what ISN'T Emma Swan like here?" It's kind of scary...SCARY AWESOME! To prove it to you, here's yet another picture of my Red Leather Jacket and then my new Emma Swan knit hat. These are just the two that I currently had on Instagram, but I'm sure I'll share more as time goes on.



So maybe my friend Emily is right. Maybe I AM Emma Swan. Or maybe I'm Hook AND Emma, because, well, then I'd be in love with myself...and there certainly won't be a day that goes by I don't think about myself too. It all seems to work out.

Although Megan asked me how I walk away from myself...or how I forget half of me.

Maybe being Emma AND Hook won't work out so well after all.

Here's today's Disney History: 1971: For the second day in a row, the parking lot of the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World reaches capacity. Entry is restricted for several hours.

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on December 30 due to time restrictions).

No comments:

Post a Comment