Saturday, December 7, 2013

Day 341: The Muppets Go Christmas

After a long hard day of working on catching up this blog (and I mean day...it takes a long time, especially when you keep getting interrupted), there's nothing I like to do more than sit down and watch a movie...while blogging about it of course. I still have several blog posts to make up. Sadly the four posts I have left to write all require actual work, meaning more than just sitting on my computer and writing for a while until a blog post takes shape. But I'll survive.

So Megan texted me that she was going to watch the Muppets Christmas Carol, so I jumped up from my seat at the kitchen table and ran to my bedroom closet where my copy of the film sits. Only I have it on VHS, and when I opened the box. Well, you can guess what I found. I had to rewind it. And because half my stuff from college is still packed up, I had to use the old VHS Player...which rewinds super duper slow.

Finally now I'm watching it though, while I blog of course. Hopefully I'll still have time to fit in another Christmas movie tonight. Well, it's sort of a Christmas movie, sort of not. You'll see though (on the December 11 post to be exact).

I actually don't think that I've seen the Muppets Christmas Carol, or if I have, I haven't seen it in a really long time. I found the VHS copy of it a few months ago and couldn't wait to watch it. In fact, I forgot I had it until Megan mentioned that she was watching it. So here I am watching. And I love it. I mean, I love Christmas, and the Christmas Carol and the ADORE the Muppets...so it's just a perfect fit.

All in all, I think there are a lot of versions of the Christmas Carol, so that kind of makes it lose it's potency and specialness after a while. I mean, every Christmas we see at least one version of it probably, but that's ok, because I'm more than happy to watch the Disney versions. They're just all so wonderful!

Here's today's Disney History: 1999: Disney's Direct-to-video Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas is released, as is Inspector Gadget, The Jungle Book and The Little Mermaid.

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was published on December 29 due to finals week).

No comments:

Post a Comment