Friday, August 30, 2013

Day 242: "Air Cooling"

I've been adjusting rather well to living here in my dorm room. No kidding, I absolutely love college. I like having a smaller room and don't mind living with someone. I walk to all my classes all the way across campus, and then study in the library until the late hours of the night. It all works out really well for me.

But there is ONE aspect of living here that's just absolutely terrible.

The heat.

Of course, my house has AC, and the second I left that house, the heat decided to show up and I was left without AC. Well, not just me, everyone who lives in a dorm here. It was terrible. And I'm on the top floor too, so that certainly didn't help either. And especially when you're trying to sleep, it's just really difficult to deal with the heat.

So last night I had an idea, and you'll quickly see where the Disney comes into this situation. You know how in The Carousel of Progress there's the four holidays, and the second one is the Fourth of July? In the middle of that scene Uncle Orville appears in the bathroom taking a bath with what he calls "Air Cooling." That time when he took a block of ice and put it in front of a fan much to the dismay of the rest of the family. Yep, that's what occurred to me.



So I planned to go ahead and set that kind of thing up for myself last night, but once again of course, the air changed and it was actually comfortable in my room, and therefore I didn't need to set up my own air cooling, and now I'm going home for the rest of the weekend. We'll see though, maybe it will be hot again next week and I can try it. Or it could just stay cool for the rest of the year. I'd be good with that.

Here's today's Disney History: 1936: The first comic strip entirely devoted to Donald Duck debuts in newspapers. Prior to this Donald has only appeared in the Silly Symphonies Sunday pages. Donald will get a daily strip in 1938.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment