Saturday, August 24, 2013

Day 236: Trust is a Must

College so far has been pretty great. And I mean it! I've really been enjoying my time here so far, and as much as I don't want to spend my entire life working again, I can't wait for classes to start either. Today though, we continued our "orientation" kind of thing. These first like four days all we do is meet with groups and see things and so on and so forth. That's just how it works I guess.

Anyway, the way we do all these activities is in a program called First Year Experience, or FYE. It's a group of about 12 of us that goes around to all the different activities. We meet until like the end of October to just basically get used to being on campus, and we each have a mentor for our group. Mine is Quincy, and she's pretty darn awesome, I have to say. =)

This morning though, we spend three hours on what we call a "ropes course," even though we didn't actually go on the actual ropes course. Basically it was like six different team building activities. The first one we did was a trust fall exercise, and we did it two ways, once with just one person, and then another time with people standing all around us and they move us in a circle. It's kind of scary. That's also where the title for the post comes from, since I feel like that's worth mentioning.

Then there were other activities, such as a "Web" we had to crawl through without touching any of it, but each time we went through one of the areas, that one closed off. So basically a bunch of us had to be lifted up through the upper webs, and I was one of those people. Although it was kind of fun. Then we had to cross the "Delaware River" because we were American Soldiers in the Revolutionary War and the British were coming. That was my favorite of the activities. We had like four boards, and we always had to be on one and had to get all the way across without falling in. I was in the front, so that was pretty entertaining.

Then there was a battle where we were blindfolded and had to throw easter eggs at the other team while relying solely on the voice of our partner. And finally we had to all get through a jump rope while half of us were blindfolded. Now that one was scary.

What does this have to do with Disney? Honestly, it's another one of those times where I'm not really sure, but I felt like it was something worth blogging about anyway. Like there are just some days where I have to blog about something because it was interesting. It doesn't happen often though, because obviously I have over 200 other posts about Disney in my everyday life.

Here's a picture of my FYE group, the Blue Unicorns!


Here's today's Disney History: 1989: In Florida, the Ewok Village opens at the entrance to the Star Tours attraction at the Disney-MGM Studios Theme Park. 

Have a magical day!



No comments:

Post a Comment