Saturday, August 17, 2013

Day 229: Quote Frames

As we all know, I move into college soon. This seems to be a popular topic on the blog, but I promise we'll get on to other things soon! It's just another of those major steps in one's life! Anyways. My best friend was telling me that she felt she didn't have a collection like I had. I mean, my desk is full of stuff from home and of collections and so on and so forth...or it will be at least. So for part of her graduation present, I figured that I'd make her something for her desk. Of course, I was planning on making a quote frame for myself, but I figured that it would be great for her too, and there's only one quote I could put for her! 


Now I intended to give this to her a while ago, but I didn't really get to make it until just recently. The design actually comes from a Disney T-Shirt I saw when I was there in July that I really almost bought, and I thought it would work perfectly for this too (which obviously it did). For those of you that remember, my best friend Megan referenced this quote in her Graduation Speech back in June, and it was one of the proudest moments of my life. If you go back and find that blog you can watch the recording of her speech as well. I really hope our high school band goes to Disney this next summer because I can't wait to take her on the actual attraction if she is able to go with us! 

But I didn't just stop there. I also figured that since I now knew how to make one of these and I wanted to make one for myself, I'd just go ahead and do it! So I did...


The quote is from an actor I follow on Instagram. He was in the Lizzie Bennett diaries and is a big Disney fan, so of course I follow him! Anyway, he went to the D23 Expo and posted a picture he took there with a quote kind of thing he made and as soon as I saw it I asked if I could make it into a quote frame for on my desk at college! It's like the PERFECT quote! 

And so, I'm sure you'll see at least my frame soon once I get to college, but I knew I just had to share both of them! 

Here's today's Disney History: 1789: Congressman, frontiersman, soldier and folk hero Davy Crockett is born David Stern Crockett near the Nolichucky River (in what is now Greene County, Tennessee). David Crockett was the fifth of nine children of John and Rebecca Hawkins Crockett, and was named after his paternal grandfather. Commonly referred to in popular culture by the epithet "King of the Wild Frontier," in 1954 Crockett became wildly popular through Disney movies, television programs and even a hit song!

Have a magical day!




No comments:

Post a Comment