Monday, August 19, 2013

Day 231: Disney Coasters

I bet you think I'm going to write an entire post on the coasters at Walt Disney World, don't you? Ha, I have you all fooled! Just kidding, there may be a few of you that actually figured it out...or you saw the picture below and looked at that before reading this.

If you did either then you know very well that I'm not going to sit here and talk about some of the greatest attractions at Walt Disney World. Instead I'm going to share a recent project I did for my dorm room! Well, it will be going IN my dorm room once I get to college. I got the idea off of Pinterest, from a person who did the exact same thing (although mine are slightly different anyway). It's Disney Park Map Coasters!


They really weren't all that difficult to make. You just buy the regular tiles from the home improvement store. I got mine at Home Depot for like 13 cents a piece. Then you place them face down on the park map and draw a line around the area you want to include. We made ours a little bigger so they would fit over the sides as well. Then you modge podge the maps to the coasters and let them dry. Be careful about getting the bubbles and stuff out though. Then we sprayed a clear coat over the top several times to make sure it was waterproof. Super easy to make, and they look great. 

So as you can see (sort of) we made six of them. Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. I certainly think the MK and Blizzard Beach ones look the best, although I love them all!!!


Here's today's Disney History: 1963: Actor, musician, Producer & Disney Fan John Stamos, who was the e-bay winning bidder for Disneyland's entrance sign used between 1989 and 1999, is born in Cypress California. TV fans will know him from Full House as Uncle Jesse. 

Have a magical day!




No comments:

Post a Comment