Sunday, August 25, 2013

Day 237: Fireworks...on a River!

So today was the final day of our college orientation kind of thing, and it all ended with a bang...literally. You see, at the beginning of each school year here at SNC, they have convocation for the new class, in my case the class of 2017, and then shoot fireworks off from the River. It's all honestly pretty awesome. It really is.

Now, I was trying to get a video up of it, but it just wasn't working, so I guess I'm just going to have to wait on that one for the moment. Maybe I'll be able to get it up tomorrow, and if I am, I'll add it to this post.

Either way, I'd like to say that it was pretty awesome to see some of these giant fireworks right here at home. That's something I really don't get to see very often. I'm kind of spoiled in the fireworks department though. I mean, Disney is the top consumer of fireworks in the world, after all, and there shows are also some of the best in the world. Like there's always the fourth of July fireworks and stuff, but they only happen once a year. Disney does their stuff EVERY NIGHT. That's crazy.

The one thing I will say about the fireworks tonight though...there wasn't any music. That was kind of sad. They had barges out on the river to shoot the fireworks from and I had to laugh at the end because they were basically a "Fire barge." Both were on fire at the end of the thing, and that certainly made a connection to Illuminations right there.

So here's the Instagram picture I posted of the fireworks because obviously when I'm writing this the video is being stupid. The only thing I found sad about the fireworks was the lack of music. Because Disney ALWAYS has music to go with their fireworks. Then again, you can't say that I wasn't running Illuminations in my head...because if you did say that you might just be lying.




Here's today's Disney History: 1989: The Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular attraction is dedicated at the Disney-MGM Studios in Florida. It is the fire theme park attraction to use a computer based show control system in conjunction with a programmable logic controller system to trigger, control and sequence complex live events in real time...in many cases controlled by the actors! The 30-minute stunt show recreates some of the most thrilling and heart-pounding moments from the Indiana Jones films.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment