Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day 223: The Chicken Dance

Today I went to my cousin's house for our annual Summer Birthday Celebration. You see, several of us have birthday's in the summer. Actually, I share a birthday with one of my cousins! But either way, we went over to their house and I watched Pirates of the Caribbean with my cousin and her boyfriend and another of my cousins, and then we watched National Treasure, and we ate food and so on and so forth.

And then after that we somehow ended up at my Grandma's House. My Great Grandma lives with her, but that's where we went, and while we were sitting there, my Great Grandma was showing us this chicken where if you press it's wing it sings and dances to the Chicken Dance. Grandma then made some comment about how she never understood that song and how she doesn't understand why people always play it at their wedding reception.

But I had a different opinion on it. In fact, I'm sure that it will be played at my Wedding Reception. Why? Disney. Go Figure.

You see, when I was a kid, one of my favorite places to eat at Disney was the Biergarten restaurant in the Germany Pavilion at Epcot. I absolutely loved eating there, mostly because of the band and the fact that they would play the Chicken Dance. So, eventually I got pretty good at the dance and it al just worked out pretty well for me. So when we were having this discussion that's what came into my head really quickly. The chicken dance at the Biergarten.


But I've done the chicken dance in other places too. Like at the University of Wisconsin Varsity Band Concert. They always play it there and see how fast they can do it. So you all stand up and try to do the dance at like this super fast speed and you probably just end up looking like you're having a seizure. But it's still fun, and it still always reminds me of Disney!!!!

Here's today's Disney History: 2006: Mike Douglas, the singing voice of Prince Charming in Disney's Cinderella, passes away on his 81st birthday in North Palm Beach, Florida. 

Have a magical day!



No comments:

Post a Comment