Sunday, August 18, 2013

Day 230: Just a Few Days

You know, in just a few days I'll be moving into my college dorm room and get ready to start my Freshman year. That's absolutely crazy considering I feel like the school year just ended and that it isn't anywhere near the right time to be starting school again. I suppose that's what I get for doing so much this summer. Still, it has been one of the best summers ever, and why not let it go with a bang!

Actually, I'm not sure how it's going to go out with a bang, other than the fact that I have three days and a LOT to do in those three days. I have to finish packing and make a few other things for my room, and buy some food, and finish updating this blog and edit two more vlogs from my Disney trip (so I can go back and make up those last three from July), read Ender's Game, go for a nice long drive with one of my friends, spend a bit of time with my other two friends, wrap presents for people (I suppose ONE could wait, but we'll see), practice for Wind Ensemble and Jazz auditions, copy my Pep Band Music so I have a copy for myself when I go back to play Pep Band, go out for sushi with my brother (and maybe see Planes?), Transfer and organize some pictures to my laptop, reorganize my Google Drive AND make a record book for 4H. Yeah, I guess you could say I have a lot to get done these next three days.

But I suppose somehow I'll do it all. Quite honestly I'm not sure HOW I'm going to do it all (Ender's Game may have to wait... =( ), but I'm certainly going to try!

Which brings me to my current thought, and the topic of today's blog post. You see, when we go to Disney World or Disneyland, most of us only have a few days there, if that. Sometimes it may only be hours! So what is it that we do? What becomes the most important thing? Or do we try to fit as much as possible into the little time that we have?

I guess that before I did my vlogs I was more high-strung to go on the attractions, but since I've been vlogging, it's offered me an opportunity to go off and find new things, or showcase attractions or experiences I haven't seen in a long long time. I go slower, or have a list of things that I really want to do, and then I try to go do those, like on my bucket list back in November. I had a mission to do all of those things, and for the most part, I did them all. It may seem impossible, but we still end up doing it, because we're going to love it more in the long run.

So I suppose that's what I'm going to try and do these next few days. Part of me says "Slow down and enjoy your last few days" but the other part of me knows that if I do, then all this stuff won't get done and that just WILL NOT END WELL. Plus, it's not like I'm working all the time. A lot of those things on that list involve my friends and family, and things that I want to do with them before I leave.

Plus, and I'll leave you with this Walt Disney quote,



Here's today's Disney History: 1986: Crockett's Tavern opens in Walt Disney World's Fort Wilderness. Part of Trail's End Restaurant, it is located at the northern end of the campgrounds.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment