Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 221: Hot Air Balloons

Nothing makes me more excited than Hot Air Balloons! Ok, so that's a lie, but not totally! I really do love Hot Air Balloons!

You see, tonight marked the first night of my town's annual Hamburger Festival, which I'll talk more about tomorrow. I was volunteering tonight for the Balloon Rally, which is in it's 13th year here in Seymour. But I haven't been to it in years, so being able to see the Hot Air Balloons right up close again was AMAZING.

Why? You may ask? Well here's a few things to jog your Disney memory as to why I love Hot Air Balloons so much! Remember how in the French film there's all those things, but one of those things is the Hot Air Balloons. Honestly, whenever I do see a hot air balloon, that's what I think of. I mean, you watch them kind of blow them up in the film, and then you get to "Ride" in one in the film as well. It's actually one of my things on my bucket list, to go to France for the hot air balloon festival. I really want to go in a hot air balloon in general though.

But that's not all, because one thing just isn't enough! There's another place at Disney where hot air balloons make an appearance, and it's not something everyone is necessarily going to notice. However, if you love Epcot as much as I do, and you've been in the land enough times, you'll know that Hot air balloons grace the ceiling of that pavilion! Now that makes two Disney appearances of hot air balloons...unless you count Oz the Great and Powerful. There's most certainly a hot air balloon in that too.

Here's a few of the pictures I took of the balloon rally tonight, including a picture of me and Hamburger Charlie!







Here's today's Disney History: 1969: The Haunted Mansion attraction opens in New Orleans Square at Disneyland. The public opening of the attraction is heralded by a promotional blitz that include the "I Scream" Sundaes sold at Disneyland's Carnation Plaza. Madame Leota, the medium in the seance room and the tiny talking figure at the end of the ride, is modeled at Imagineer Leota Toombs (also known as Leota Thomas. The attraction will have an official grand opening August 12. 

Have a magical day!




No comments:

Post a Comment