Saturday, September 6, 2014

Day 614: So Many Colors

We still have several months before my next Disney trip, but that doesn't mean there aren't decisions to be made, right? I mean, the reservations are made for the resort and for the dining (although those seem to keep changing - the dining, not the resort), and pretty soon we'll be discussing what kind of fastpasses we want. But let's be honest, there's a much more important decision to be made, and it's one we came across earlier this week.

What color Magic Band do we want?


I personally already have three magic bands at home: a yellow, a blue and a red. But here's the thing with Magic Bands. There seems to be these unspoken rules, at least right now since the bands are still so new. 

1. You need a get a different color every time you go.

This is probably silly for some since many people will probably only have one Magic Band, not four like I'll have in January. But there are so many colors that you just have to have them all, and then it doesn't really matter anymore because you have them all in the first place and by the time you collect them all they'll probably come out with a new design and you'll have to start all over anyway. 

2. You can't get the same color as someone else.

I feel like you can, depending on how many people are in your family, pick the same color as another family member, but my brother and I never allow the other to have the same color. I mean, if we bring old ones along and use them for a day or something, that's different, but when it comes to ordering new ones, you stick to a color different from everyone else. Surprisingly enough, we managed to do this pretty well between my little group of four. Go us. 

In the end, Magic Bands are super important. Megan can go on and on about how awesome they are, and she hasn't even technically had one yet. But my brother and I had Magic Bands in June while everyone else had regular tickets and I'm pretty sure it drove my friends crazy, meaning they're more than excited to have their own "wristbands of the future." 

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on September 29).

No comments:

Post a Comment