Sunday, September 28, 2014

Day 636: Once Is Frozen

Does it really surprise you that this post is about Once Upon A Time? Because it shouldn't. I've been waiting for this day for literally 140 days. Over FOUR MONTHS. It's been a journey, but I've been in it for the long haul. Am I right, Oncers?

Anyway, the new episode comes with a lot of hype. I have to say that I've been watching this show since the beginning. That was THREE years ago, back in 2011. I remember watching it in my bedroom, the location where I would watch many of the episodes to come. Seasons one and two were watched at home, and then all of Season three began a new journey with my college friends. I'm extremely thankful for Once Upon A Time because I can literally say it brought my dorm room together. The three wonderful ladies I now room with all watched Once with me last year (including Megan, who I converted into the Once Fandom at the beginning of season 2). It's funny actually because we're sitting here talking about how Once really brought us together. It's literally the reason I am rooming with the people I am, and I am so happy about that. They not only listen to my ridiculous Once rants (not that my roommate last year, Megan, didn't! I miss our random musical singing!), but they participate in them and let me freak out and scream with me when a Once cast member tweets me back or something.

That's the thing about television shows like Once Upon A Time. It's a fandom, for sure, but we all have this incredible chance to get to know so many people, and I'm very lucky that it's an extension of my original and home fandom, Disney. Once Upon A Time is leading me into a life filled with fairy tales, literally, as it's definitely my primary focus in English. I buy up every fairy tale book I can and read as many as I have time for, all because I want to better understand how these tales impact our lives, and that includes Once.

So here's a shoutout to the entire cast and crew of Once Upon A Time. Thanks for bringing my roommates and I together in a room filled with magic, where every Sunday night we invite all our Once friends in to watch the new episode. And that's for my extended Once family, with all the people who I know and love from Twitter and Instagram and Facebook and just about everyone else. I don't know what I would do without any of you!

Oh, and in case you were wondering, yes, I am doing character inspired outfits for Season Four! This first one is a serious mix of cosplay and Disneybound, but it will also be doubling as my Halloween costume in a few weeks, when my friends and I embark on yet another great adventure.



That second collection of pictures is what my friends call "The Evening of Elsa." I absolutely love this dress (and am still wearing it) and know that the two months of work to perfect this one for the premiere was SOOOO worth it. I've gotten many wonderful compliments already on it and thank you all for those gracious comments! I can't wait for the upcoming weeks! 

Oh...and aren't you all proud of me? I went through this whole post without mentioning Hook or Colin...until now of course. Bloody hell. 

Have a magical day!



No comments:

Post a Comment