Thursday, September 18, 2014

Day 626: The Twilight Zone

You all know that I've never ridden Tower of Terror, but over time I have actually had the chance to watch some of the Twilight Zone. It's on television from time to time, but not all the time, and that means that I can't watch it constantly...at least I couldn't before. The other day I was going through Netflix and finding new things to add to my List to watch over time and I stumbled across a ton of different stuff, including THE TWILIGHT ZONE!

Honestly I'm not sure what I'm trying to accomplish with watching this because seriously, I don't need another television show to watch. I'm already in the middle of like five of them, and premiere season is only beginning, so things are going to get interesting to say the least. For now though, I'll start watching The Twilight Zone.

You know, this probably isn't the show to be watching in the evening when it's plenty dark outside and I'll be going to bed within a matter of hours, but it's not like it's a super crazy show, right? Just weird and interesting and something that inspired a Disney attraction, and that's awesome to begin with.

Maybe this is my way of preparing myself for the unpleasant experience of being forced to ride TOT for the first time in January. I need to never make deals again.

I'm just watching the first episode right now and honestly if I were this guy in a town where there isn't anyone, then I would be pretty darn creepy. This show is like old school creepy though, not scary enough to give you nightmares but just scary enough to keep you on edge until the end. I kind of like it. And such symbolism with different elements that you see throughout the episode. That's some good writing right there.

I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING. What in the world!?! Gosh, I feel like this is such a key element of television history, and I love it.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment