Friday, September 12, 2014

Day 620: Christmas Lights

I collect many things, and tweets from famous people is one of them.

Now there are a few things I consider. Really, if a famous person (or anyone with that little blue check mark or who is on TV or is in a band, etc) tweets you back, then that's obviously a huge win. It doesn't happen very often, especially when you get into those high ranking twitter users. Yep, Colin O'Donoghue I'm talking about you. I classify this as Level One.

Level Two features the retweet, because who doesn't want to be retweeted by a famous person. That's a pretty darn awesome thing to have happen, especially if they quote your tweet and say something like "I LOVE THIS!" Happens on occasion...although I don't think I've ever had this happen to me specifically. Someday I tell you, someday.

And then there's a Level Three, not to be underestimated, the favorite. These are great because it shows that whoever you tagged is indeed looking through their mentions and happened to notice yours. I definitely count these in my collection because they're pretty easy to get.

Over time I've had a lot of favorites and mentions. I have a L1 Colin, of course, as well as L1 from Adam Horowitz (x3), Raphael Sbarge (Archie) and various others from the Once Cast as well as Top Gear America and others. Like I said I don't really have any Level 2's, but I do have a great collection of Level 3's, including this brand new one.

The other day I spent a good couple of hours putting up Christmas Lights in our dorm room. Since deciding we would room together last spring, my roommates and I have always talked Christmas lights in our room. It's a popular decoration on Pinterest and you see it throughout dorm rooms here at SNC. It took us a few weeks to get it done, but with a couple of free hours I put myself to work on various activities around our room, and those lights happened to be one of them. They look pretty great, huh?



Well, I posted this photo on Instagram after finishing, and then included it on Twitter as my photo of the day for #101DaysOfSmiles, which is 101 days of photos of things that make us smile started by Jennifer Morrison. She's participating and is encouraging everyone else, especially the Ugly Ducklings, to do so as well. Of course, I picked it up right away myself on my first day of the school year, oddly enough.

But later that day as I stood with two of my roommates in one of the buildings on campus before class, and my phone went off with a Twitter Notification, we ended those last few minutes before learning with a favorite from Jennifer Morrison herself.

That's right everyone, Jennifer Morrison likes our dorm room. BEST. DAY. EVER.

And that's just part one...there's still a canvas to be put up!

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on September 14).

No comments:

Post a Comment