Monday, August 3, 2015

Day 945: Rotten to the Core

Just a few days ago I blogged about Disney Descendants, and I definitely made a point to watch it that night as it premiered (although I did catch the West Coast showing rather than the East Coast as I usually do), and I have to say, the movie really impressed me, which is certainly something because I grew up in the Disney Channel age of Lizzie Maguire and That's So Raven, even going as far as the High School Musical movies, so for a movie like this to have some ground is pretty good.

My favorite parts of the movie? I definitely have a few, and the first is most certainly the opening villain number, Rotten to the Core:


I haven't been able to get this song out of my head all weekend, and it's sort of becomming a problem. But that's what music is intended to do, espeically in a musical setting like this. However, the number also gives a great glimpse into some of the amazing costuming in the film, most of which just screams DisneyBound. Actually the entire movie is just filled with DisneyBounds from different characters, and it's pretty much the greatest thing ever. 

Actually, no, there was one other thing that may be greater, and it's got everything to do with the son of Cruella De Vil, Carlos. Perhaps my favorite reference to the stories in the film was this kid and his terror of dogs. Ironic, I know. The son of Cruella De Vil is terrified of dogs, that is, until he meets Dude, the campus dog at the new high school. And then I sort of started a thing...


If you want to see my full Live Tweet of the movie, feel free to head over to my Twitter! I live tweet things almost weekly, and Descendants was definitely a fun one! If you haven't seen the movie yet, definitely catch a showing at some point! It's got great twists on some of the original Disney stories and is filled with a new cast of wonderful characters. 

Watched Descendants? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below! 

Have a magical day!



No comments:

Post a Comment