Friday, August 14, 2015

Day 956: In the Same Building

The D23 EXPO is a spectacular place, and I almost forgot just how much I missed it in the four years between the two I've attended. My first EXPO was spent mostly with my parents, getting the lay of the land and understanding this new foreign world of conventions. But this time I was ready, and I definitely met many, MANY wonderful people!


With D23 you have to keep your eyes open 24/7 for people you just might know! In fact, as I was walking to the convention on Saturday I happened to recognize Nick Pitera as he headed the same direction! I caught up to him at the stoplight and we snapped a quick picture on the other side. I think it's safe to say my hands were shaking like they were about to fall off...


I was also lucky enough to finally meet Keith Lapinig and Peter Armado! Their High School Musical Cosplay was ON POINT and they even recognized my Emma Swan outfit for the day! They're just such delightful people and I can't express to you enough how much you need to go find them on social media! 



On Saturday I happened upon some of the Thingamavlogs crew as well, and then I headed back to their meetup on Saturday because it was obviously necessary! These guys make my day. In fact, all Disney YouTubers make my day! Thank you guys for your absolutely kind comments and praise! It's because of Disney YouTubers like you that I started doing Disney videos! 



But of course, I do have one Disney YouTuber that inspired me more than any other, and that's MrCheezyPop, AKA Maxwell Glick! Getting to see Max was one of the total highlights of the convention for me, as it seems there's just never enough time to talk about all things Disney! Hopefully I'll see you again soon, whether it be back at Disneyland or at my home of Walt Disney World! 


I'm sure it's not hard to guess the other highlight of the convention for me though. If you don't know already, I'm a HUGE OUAT Fan, so attending the panel at the D23 EXPO was basically a dream come true. And you know what, as if it wasn't good enough being in the same room as Ginny, Lana, Adam, and Eddy, they just had to go and throw in Josh Dallas too. I was in the same room as Josh Dallas. I'm still not over it. 


However, the D23 EXPO was FILLED with surprise guests all over the place. While I wasn't able to attend the live action panel (WHY DIDN'T I?!?), I CAN say that I was in the same building as Harrison Ford, which is the closest I've ever gotten ever. Additionally, I was in the same building as George Lucas, Johnny Depp, Ellen, Chris Evans, and Dick Van Dyke, and also in the same room as Disney Legends Richard Sherman and Marty Sklar, as well as the one and only Stan Lee! Add in the OUAT Cast and all the other awesome people and it makes for a really awesome weekend! 

If you went to the D23 EXPO, who did you get to see, and if you weren't there, who would you WANT to see? Let me know in the comments below! 

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on September 2 due to the Disney Trip and College Move-In).

No comments:

Post a Comment