Saturday, March 5, 2016

Day 1160: Sentimentality


I'm not an overly sentimental person, or at least, I try not to be. I definitely collect things, but that's usually based on a specific theme or something, not the simple fact that I want to keep something because there's a memory associated with it. However, like all people, I do have a few times I do get a bit sentimental, like when I return to the exact location where I talked to Colin O'Donoghue on the phone.

I forget sometimes just how lucky I was to have that experience. I've literally talked to one of my favorite actors on the phone because I drove four and a half hours to see his new movie. It's one of the most obnoxious and fangirly things I've done in my life, and I don't regret one bit of it. Unfortunately, due to the loss of friends that I would have, at one point, considered family, it's a bit of a bittersweet memory. I try to block out certain parts of that weekend, which I'm still sure was one of the greatest weekends of my entire life.


You all remember the weekend I'm talking about, when I drove to the Twin Cities for the Twin Cities Film Festival, where Colin O'Donoghue's new film The Dust Storm had its world premiere. When I found out about the showing, I made a joke that turned into a full blown road trip, and between talking to Colin on the phone, meeting the cast and crew of the film, and basically becoming the talk of the festival that night, it's not a weekend I'll soon forget, at least not completely. 

That's why, when I found out I'd be returning to the Twin Cities for the National Sigma Tau Delta English Convention, I knew I had to find a way to return to the theater and the exact spot where all of this took place. Of course, I ended up finding a way to see a film while I was there too! It just happened to be opening weekend for Zootopia, so after a Gala Dinner at the Convention, a friend and I hurried over to the theater for a late showing of the movie, and again, the Shops at West End made my day. 

Have a magical day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment