Sunday, March 27, 2016

Day 1182: Women of the Tomb


Every once and a while you have an opportunity right in your own community to do something awesome, and sometimes it's something you maybe normally wouldn't do. I'm not an actor, not by a long shot. After all, most of what you see in my vlogs is just plain me. That's right, I'm actually that crazy and make ridiculous plans to see all the firework spectaculars in one night. Those are everyday thoughts.

With acting though, you get an opportunity to sort of be someone else for a while, or explore a side of yourself that you normally wouldn't. This year, I had the chance to be a part of a skit at my church on Easter Sunday called "Women of the Tomb," and honestly, it was a lot of fun. Obviously, as I just mentioned, I don't get many chances to act, despite the fact that I did some minor acting when I was younger.

How does this all relate back to Disney? To be honest I'm not entirely sure, but at the same time, it does make me think about how I'm going about making videos. It's about being real, and entertaining, at the same time. You have to have a connection with the audience through a video the same way an actor does on stage, and that's not always easy, especially when the time between a video and it's appearance on the internet, for me, can be months and months.

I like to think, however, that the little bit of acting I manage to do from time to time keeps me on track with my videos. Ultimately though, it's all about the practice. The longer I work on my YouTube videos, the better I get at editing, and the easier it is to sit in front of the camera, even if I'm not at Disney World. I don't think I'm ready to go far beyond my church for acting though, so I think I'll stick to playing my saxophone and filming YouTube Videos at Disney World.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment