Friday, March 18, 2016

Day 1173: Freedom


The spring and fall semesters of college are pretty drastically different. After all, in the fall you have breaks every couple of weeks thanks to holidays and such, but in the spring you pretty much have spring break and Easter break...unless you go to a Catholic private college that decides to combine those breaks so you end up with one slightly longer spring break. 

Long story short, by this point in the semester we're all pretty burnt out and ready for a few days off. Luckily, we've got that time now, and while I've contracted a cold and fully intend on spending my days warding that off rather than doing anything else, it is nice to have a few days where we don't have to worry about homework or tests...or at least not until later in the week. It gives us all more time to do fun things, although maybe not as fun for those of us stuck in Wisconsin rather than off in some much warmer state (ahem...Florida). 

That doesn't mean there aren't things to be excited about back home though. Fastpasses for my trip in May can be made this week, and my friends who are in Florida have been taking plenty of pictures that make the view outside my apartment window both more and less depressing. Warm beverages make the winter a little less cold, and above all, the fact that I don't need to leave my apartment for any reason all week helps too. Maybe I can just forget about the winter that still lingers? 

Have a magical day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment