Thursday, March 31, 2016

Day 1186: Last Cup of T


Every good thing, apparently, must come to an end. I'm not entirely sure that a year ago I even knew what the Mad T Party was, but now, as I watch some of the videos from the final evening of wonderful music and Disney magic, I can't help but feel so connected to this show.

For those of you that might not know, the Mad T Party was a presentation of live music at Disney California Adventure inspired by Alice in Wonderland, and last night was the final performance before Mad T, once again, disappears from the park. It's gone before, and come back thanks to the wonderful fanbase that I've been so fortunate to be a part of, even if I've only really seen the show once (or twice, but not the entire thing). I hadn't anticipated how much I'd end up really enjoying every second of screaming at the top of my lungs and loosing all ability to hear after a four hours of sitting by the stage, but it's always been connected with my friend Laura, and it's definitely one of my favorite parts of my Disneyland trip last August. Even now, when one of the songs comes on the radio, I jam out a bit more than I do to any other song.

I know for a fact that the Mad T Party was a family, and in the months since I saw Mad T Party for myself I've seen time and time again the absolute hospitality and love that that family is made up of. It's refreshing to see - a group of people who are so supportive of these musicians and musicians that encourage and inspire the fans time and time again. Mad T Party was a very real positive in a far too often negative world, and that's just one of the reasons I know that this show will be so very missed by so many people, myself included.

If you need me, I'll just be here rewatching video from August that has more of my terrible singing in the background than the musicians themselves.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment