Friday, April 1, 2016

Day 1187: How Did It Start?


If you've been around for a while, you'll know already that my love of Disney really took off when I was around 4 years old and formed some of my earliest memories during the Millennium Celebration at Epcot. If you haven't heard that story, you can learn all about it right here in this video: 


But really, my relationship with Disney goes even further back. I took my very first trip to Walt Disney World when I was 15 months old, and I went on another trip a year later. In fact, previous to the Millennium, I went a few times, visiting in October of 1996 and 97, and November of 98. My last trips before the Millennium, and really my first experiences with IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth, would have been in March and November of 99. I wouldn't be back until a year later in 2000, but by that point it really wouldn't matter anyway. My love of Disney was solidified. 

Of course, there's not a ton I remember from the early days, but I do have quite the fond memories of places like the Imagination Pavilion, especially the music squares in Imageworks, the Boneyard, and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area. There was also the car outside the Sci-Fi, Spaceship Earth in general, and the pool at Old Key West. Really, you name it and I probably spent a good amount of time there. 

So really, my love of Disney started as typically as you can imagine. My parents loved going to WDW and took me along, and as I grew older it was just something I was used to. Disney became a part of my life just like my house or school did, and even from an early age I was quick to call it home. 

In other words, yes, my love of Disney really did start with the Millennium Celebration because that's what I can remember best, but the foundation was already there, just waiting for me to build upon as we entered a new millennium. 

Share your early Disney stories in the comments below! 

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment