Saturday, April 23, 2016

Day 1209: They're Dates!


Did I spend a ridiculous amount of time trying to make the above picture super artsy? Yes.

But that's what you do when you're reminded of Indiana Jones and just can't contain your excitement. This year for the 4-H Food's Review my brother decided on a Moroccan theme, which I really didn't know about until we got there. I knew he was making a banana bread pudding, but that was about as far as I got until I was standing in front of the table helping him set everything up.

And as I soon found out, the whole Moroccan idea was pretty awesome. As you can see below, it ended up being very...colorful...but all in all it turned out really great! And the banana bread pudding (a Disney recipe) was delicious too!Have a magical


The first picture was of his centerpiece though, and it right away brought me back to a classic Indiana Jones scene involving dates. I'd never actually tried dates, which, you know, probably has something to do with "bad dates," or the fact that I've just never had a chance to try them, but I'm happy to say that I really liked them (my allergies did not...but that's beside the point). However, I did probably say "They're dates! Ya eat 'em!" about 20 times in a matter of three hours, which is probably concerning to some. 


Have a magical day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment