Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Day 1213: Stormstruck


I've only seen Stormstruck once.

That one time was more than enough for me.

As long as I can remember, I've been terrified of tornadoes, and really, thunderstorms in general. As a kid I would sleep on the floor in my parents room, surrounded by as many pillows and blankets I could find, as well as usually a pair of noise canceling headphones. When the weather reached severe levels, I would really start to freak out. Where this fear came from I actually have no idea, but my friends and family can back me up in saying that when I freak out during circumstances like that, I freak out.

So as you can imagine, something like Stormstruck isn't exactly where I want to spend my time. I mean really? A 3D simulator that imitates a perfect storm? No thank you.

It's why of all the attractions at Walt Disney World, it's probably the only one I refuse to go on simply because I'm too terrified to even consider it. And just to make sure I'm not making things up and remembering the attraction incorrectly, I watched a recording of the entire show on YouTube, and I was just as afraid this time as I remembered, and here I was just watching it on my computer, much less being in the middle of the storm. I mean, I honestly believe Twister to be the most terrifying movie in the world, so does it surprise you that I wouldn't enjoy Stormstruck?

If you've experienced Stormstruck in Innoventions at Epcot, what did you think?

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment