Friday, April 29, 2016

Day 1215: Earful Goodbyes


I think I'm having trouble accepting that I'm going to be a senior again...and I'm having an even harder time accepting that some of my favorite people aren't going to be next to me when I get to the first day of Wind Ensemble in the fall. It's never easy to say goodbye to the people you love, but the closer and closer we get to my own final concert, the more terrified I am of the future, which, I suppose, is typical for most college seniors. 



The truth is though, that these people aren't really leaving my life at all. Yeah, maybe they'll be a little further away and I won't be able to ask them daily questions about how to fix my saxophone or which bow I should wear in my hair, but they'll still be supporting me from afar, even when I move much further away than my apartment at college is from my home. 

And above all else, I heard some great advice this last fall, about how when you feel like you should take a step back, you should take a step forward instead, and I have the feeling that it's that motto that's going to get me through the next year and into my new life after college, wherever that may be. 

But for now, I think I'm going to rejoice a little in the fact that I do have another year with my pals before I move halfway across the country. 

Have a magical day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment