Monday, March 21, 2016

Day 1176: Ready, Set, Relay


I'd never been to a Relay For Life event before, so I didn't really know what to expect, but as a part of Omicron Delta Kappa, a leadership honor society at SNC, we had a great time raising money and walking for cancer research!

The main Disney reference of the day for me though? The fact that it was basically like training for Disney, or rather, maybe Disney trained me for this? I walked somewhere around 8 miles during the event, which is about what I walk in an average day at Disney...only this was four hours, not an entire day. Aside from walking, we had a chance to do some jazzercise, watch professors (And our college president) get soaking wet, and eat some delicious food, all before we participated in the release of the balloons, which reminded me a bit of the lanterns from Tangled.

And that's about it, mostly because I'm too tired to really remember everything else that went on. However, if you'd like to donate to Relay for Life, you can do so HERE!

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment