Sunday, June 5, 2016

Day 1252: Tropical Storm Colin


As it turns out, it doesn't matter if I'm in Florida or Wisconsin, because the storms and the rain seem to follow me wherever I go. I suppose I feel some comfort in the fact that it's not just storming wherever I am though, because while it was storming at home for me, Florida is also preparing for a storm.

Down south, a tropical storm off the East Coast showed progress as it approached Florida and Georgia, and my Dad had to call and tell me the name because he knew I would appreciate it: Colin. I guessed it before he even told me (because I happened to know that the previous storm name started with a B), but I definitely still enjoyed the fact that it was a name that I could relate to. Of course, tropical storm Colin brought plenty of rain to Florida, and from the pictures I saw, there was definitely enough of it to go around.

Back at home, we were heading back to my new apartment when dark clouds approached and the wind started to pick up. My brother, who was back at home, actually called us to tell us to get inside because of the wind, and if you don't believe me, here's a picture he took of our backyard during the storm:


And for us in general, it actually caused a bit of damage, which doesn't usually happen for us during storms. According to my parents (I haven't been home since the storm), there were quite a few branches down, and some of them were rather large: 


Some of that above picture is a bush, but a lot of it is also a branch that fell partly onto our garage. Everything is alright though, as there wasn't any damage...at least to our house. The tree didn't fare as well. 

All in all though, it's just been raining a lot since I got home from Florida, and it really reminds me everytime of the downpours that occurred while I was on vacation. It just never seems to stop, and it pops up randomly in the middle of the afternoon too. If I wanted to be in Florida I would have stayed in Florida (I really should have), but I don't think Mother Nature fully understands that. 

Have a magical day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment