Thursday, June 9, 2016

Day 1256: A Box of Music


I don't have a full time summer job this year, and quite honestly, I don't even have a parttime summer job. For the most part, I work a week and a half of the entire three months, which is great for a few reasons. First off, it gives me more time to focus on the blog (which, following the end of this last semester, is in dire need of updates), and my YouTube videos. I can practice more, great with another recital coming up next spring, and honestly I could always spend more time in the music building. The bad part is that I don't get paid for the majority of the summer (only once), but that's kind of beside the point, because as you can see from the picture above, I'm very excited about this year's band camp!

I didn't have the music for the camp until today, when I finally ventured down into the depths of the music building basement to grab the music and bring it upstairs to make copies for all the kids that will be here next week, but when I finally opened the box to discover what they'll be playing this year, I was met with the very welcome sight of something I wish I could play (and proceeded to ask my band director if we could play).

The piece includes the Main Title, Rey's Theme, The March of the Resistance, and the Jedi Steps and Finale, and honestly, the more I talk about this, the more I want to play it for myself because those are literally all of my favorite pieces from the soundtrack. I mean, the students next week are mostly middle schoolers, so it probably won't be as perfect as the actual film soundtrack, but you know what, I love Star Wars so much I just don't care.

Let me know your favorite song from The Force Awakens in the comments below!

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment