Monday, June 13, 2016

Day 1260: A First Look at Moana


The Tony Awards offered the perfect chance for a first look at the newest addition to the Walt Disney Animation Line-Up, Moana. Of course, if you know anything about this movie and it's instant connection to musicals, you'll know that Lin-Manuel Miranda, famed creator and star of the hit musical Hamilton, did some of the music for the film, and you can actually hear him in the trailer. Because how else were they going to get the entire Hamilton fandom super excited about this new film? And I guarantee that much of that same fandom will go check out the movie just to support him. I don't blame them. Lin is a really awesome guy. 

As for the rest of the trailer, I think I feel about the same now as I do with most of the new Disney films: a little confused, and a lot suspicious. After all, before Wreck-It Ralph I figured it would be a confusing mess of candy, and Zootopia was one I couldn't wrap my head around. Even as far back as The Princess and the Frog, and probably before that, I would sit, super suspicious of whatever Disney had planned next. 

Still, every film manages to impress me, and I'm certain that Moana will be no exception. I'm particularly excited for the opportunities this might bring to the Polynesian Resort at Walt Disney World, because you know it will appear sooner or later there. Personally, I love the Poly, and I love the inclusion of Polynesian culture and mythology in a full length animated film even more. 

Plus, how can you not be excited about Dwayne Johnson being a part of this cast? 

Have a magical day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment