Saturday, March 14, 2015

Day 803: Mary Poppins

I have a friend from high school that I get to see Once a year, although now I guess that'll all change because he's a senior and will be moving on to bigger and better things, and in reality, it's two friends, but the point is that I don't see them very often. They both transferred to a nearby school part-way through High School in an attempt to join a better music program, specifically music theater (and French for my friend Joey), but the good part about this is that it also means I get to go and see the spectacular productions they're a part of. Two years ago it was Les Mis, last year it was Shrek and this year it was one of my all time favorite musicals: Mary Poppins!

I saw the show in Chicago several years ago and it immediately gained a spot at the top of my Disney Musical list, beating out Lion King as my favorite (I guess I'm one of those weird people that prefer Mary Poppins to the Lion King, but they're both great shows...I just get more Mary Poppins stuck in my head I guess). I used Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious during my junior year (or was it senior?) to learn how to spell the word as a joke on an English test (and now I can't spell it without singing the song), and when I found out that my friends would be part of the production at their school, one of them portraying Bert, no less, it was pretty hard to contain my excitement.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show, as I knew I would, and kind of want to see if there are any remaining seats left for this upcoming weekend so I can see it again. Alas, I don't know if I'll have time, nor do I know if there are any seats left, but yes, the show was that good. Long (almost three and a half hours), but really, really good. They even had a flying rig set up, so that was pretty entertaining, especially since the seats I bought up me directly under a flying Mary Poppins. Totally worth it.





So congratulations to Joey and Alex and the rest of the Cast of Mary Poppins! It was a spectacular show and I loved every second of it! 

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on March 16 due to Midterms).


No comments:

Post a Comment