Sunday, March 1, 2015

Day 790: Darkness At The Edge Of Town

And so it begins again.

I remember that this time last year I was simply celebrating the fact that it was March, simply because a year ago we still had a whole week to wait before the first returning episode of Once Upon A Time. Luckily, this season we're a bit spoiled with a week less of hiatus, and while it gave me one less week to put together Disneybounds, it's not stopping me!

But first, I want to mention that yes, I will be participating in the March Disneybound Challenge. I've thought about doing it in the past and just haven't, but for some reason, this year I just really wanted to. I mean, I was already doing four of the days for OUAT and since Once started back up on March 1st, it just felt like the right thing to do. So definitely keep an eye out for pictures from my March Disneybounds as well! I haven't decided if they'll be on my Instagram or not, but they'll definitely be on my Tumblr!

As for tonight's Spring Premiere of OUAT, it just had to be one of the Queens of Darkness, and who better than Cruella!?! While the fur coat is kind of big and bulky, and I really don't wear lipstick (it's a mess when you play instruments), this one was pretty darn fun to pull off. The hair, a faux bob, was a completely new attempt for me, and with only a couple of hours to make it all work, that was sort of nerve wrecking. I guess it was all worth it though, because Victoria Smurfit, who portrays Cruella on OUAT, favorited my tweet with my outfit! We're definitely on a roll with these Disneybounds!



As for the episode itself, the first one back is always a little weird for me. Spoilers are rampant in the days leading up to the premiere, and while I attempt to only read spoilers involving Hook, sometimes you just get too much of a sense of the episode. So while I loved it (and I mean LOVED it), I'm definitely looking forward to next week when I really don't know much of what's going on, even if I AM very excited about a promised Hook and Emma "heart to heart." 

It's good to be back in the OUAT habit though. I know that I mentioned to a couple of my roommates that coming in on a Sunday afternoon and at around 5 heading to our dresser area and starting on my outfit and my hair and makeup just felt so natural. Plus, when you have most of the cast live tweeting with you, as well as all your Oncer friends, everything just feels right. Your schedule has resumed and I know for sure that I have something to look forward to every weekend now, which will definitely be nice considering my busy schedule over the next couple of weeks. 

So welcome back Oncers, and here's to another half season! 

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment