Sunday, March 22, 2015

Day 811: Making Up The Time

I think on some level we all have a part of our past that we want to erase. Simply put, I think Once Upon A Time did a great job of encompassing one way this comes about with my beloved Killian Jones tonight, showing us a bit of the pirate side he's trying so hard to let go of. But for me, I don't have 300 (or a million...who knows) years of hardcore pirating in my past. Nope. Just a few old pictures of a person that looks nothing like me.

For instance, here's Eric Marienthal and I two years ago, and then a picture of us yesterday:


Alright, so maybe there's some resemblance there. But how about THIS ONE: 


 

You see, I've spent a significant amount of time trying to rid myself of pictures from a number of years ago. Why? Because I look like an entirely different person! And you know what? I find that I take more pictures at Disney now than I ever did before because I'm trying, in some subconscious way, to make up for the lost time. 

And one of the major parts of this is my makeup. 

Previous to like a year and a half ago I really didn't wear makeup. Not at all. It just wasn't my thing. I mean, I had it and would wear it for special events and stuff, but for the most part it just wasn't part of my routine. Now, that's all changed, not because I feel like I have to, but because it makes me feel more like myself. Of course, my family continuously makes fun of me for having to do my makeup before going to the parts, but at the same time, I also do my makeup for a television show and I really don't think I should be questioning the whole Disney makeup thing here. 

Overall though, pictures have become a really important part of my life, and as the trips go on I find myself wanting to have pictures taken. This past trip has a myriad of great pictures and I couldn't be happier about it! For instance: 








Oh yes, the tables have certainly turned...and now I just need to make up a whole bunch of lost time when it comes to priceless Disney pictures!

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment