Monday, March 30, 2015

Day 819: Clair de Lune

Logically, how many more times can I write about music and its relation to Disney before you all boycott me? Well, hopefully many more times, although sadly in this case I wasn't the one doing the playing, despite my personal goal to play as much of the music that's featured throughout the Disney parks as possible. There have been several times throughout the two plus years of blogging where I've referenced Impressions de France and the music that makes up the wonderful score for the film, and here we have another instance, this time with Clair de Lune.

The St. Norbert College Community Band performed an arrangement of the piece and, to be honest, when my mom, who plays with the group, told me that they're playing Clair de Lune I was pretty jealous. After all, because it's part of Impressions de France it's most certainly on my list of pieces I want to play. Ironically enough, I'm not a huge Debussy fan, although it's more based on personal preference than anything else...not to say there aren't Debussy pieces I love. After all, I am a fan of Clair de Lune, and hopefully I'll be lucky enough to add it to my own performance list sooner rather than later.

And so, here's a recording of the famous piece, and let me know if you catch where the theme comes into Impressions de France at Epcot!



And yes...I did pick the video with the swan as a picture. I have a bit of an obsession. 

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on March 31).

No comments:

Post a Comment