Friday, May 6, 2016

Day 1222: Team Cap


My tour of Disney films on opening night continued this May with Captain America: Civil War, which I managed to watch after finally catching up on much of the Marvel fandom. I'm still behind with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, but I finally got around to watching the second Avengers movie, which really made all the difference. I wouldn't have understood half of Civil War without having previously seen that movie. 

As for Civil War itself, I really loved it. I laughed (oh boy did we laugh), and I definitely cried, so all together, it hit all the emotions very quickly. Plus, I'm a pretty big Chris Evans and Sebastian Stan fan, but who isn't? Actually, I think this film was better than most of the other Marvel films, although that may be partially due to the fact that the others really build up to the events of this film. 

I don't want to spoil anything, despite the fact that by the time I'm writing this, most of the world has already seen the film, but some highlights definitely included the guest stars of Antman and Spiderman. While some of the Avengers were missing (poor Thor and Hulk), the characters that replaced them made up for the action and the humor that would have otherwise been missing. Actually, it made me really excited about the prospect of a Spiderman movie, especially since it seems Marvel and Disney are trying to stay true to the story by bringing in a younger version of the character. I mean, I should probably rewatch the Spiderman movies, which I haven't seen in years, to see what the new one will be up against, but for now I think I'll settle for lobbying for Marvel characters at appear at Walt Disney World.

Let me know what you thought of Civil War in the comments below!

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment