Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Day 1241: Club Villain


After my mom experienced Club Villain back in January, she knew that she had to take me when we went this May. Really I wasn't sure what to expect, but overall I loved the experience, the atmosphere, the characters, the food, and honestly, pretty much everything! 

Since it's a highlight, we'll start with the food. There was a good selection of New Orleans inspired main dishes, my favorite of which was something with pork. I don't 100% remember, but I do know there was some really delicious gravy, and I love gravy. Then, for dessert there were two selections from each of the four villains: Cruella de Vil, The Evil Queen, Maleficent, and the Queen of Hearts. Honestly the Queen of Hearts won out for dessert in my book with a red heart shaped macaron and a red velvet cupcake, but the others were all just as delicious! And while I couldn't drink them, there were also select themed beverages for each of the villains as well. 


Now, onto the show, which definitely kept you entertained the entire night. There was a DJ between main performances, but Dr. Facilier and his right hand man were the real stars of the show. Special performances that included singing and dancing occurred throughout the night and I cannot wait to share some of these in upcoming vlogs! I can't even try to describe to you how amazing these were! 




And of course, the night wouldn't be complete without a visit to your favorite villain. On your special invitation you were given times that sort of acted like fastpasses for when to visit with the villains, and they'd take pictures and chat with you in their special areas. Personally I loved Cruella and the Queen of Hearts, because they're just so entertaining. 



I would definitely go back to Club Villain again...if we hadn't gone on the last night. I mean, I can definitely see the appeal of themed events like this, and I think that with the right selection of characters and themes, they could keep them going all year long and people could continuously come back. If you came in hungry and wanted a couple of drinks it was definitely worth the money, and I highly recommend it if they do bring it back! I mean, almost the entertainment alone is worth a good portion of the price, and with the delicious food to top it off, you're golden. Plus, when else will you get to meet The Queen Hearts? 


Have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment