Monday, May 23, 2016

Day 1239: No So Dizzy


There are some attractions that I rarely visit. It's nothing personal, and I definitely have nothing against the attractions, but rather, my motion sickness tends to put a damper on the fun. Pretty much any sort of spinning gets me more than a little dizzy, so for years attractions such as The Carrousel, Dumbo, and The Mad Tea Party have been off limits for me. It's just easier if I avoid them, because that means avoiding feeling sick, and that's just good for everyone.

However, when I was challenged by one of my followers to sing I'm a Little Teapot on the Teacups, it was too clever a suggestion to turn down, and so, against my better judgement, I went for my first spin in the cups in what I figure has been about 10 years. Being by myself, and while too distracted by singing a children's song, I didn't actually spin all that much, which probably contributed to the fact that I ended up visiting the Teacups a second time...although it may have been mostly because I forgot the words to I'm a Little Teapot the first time...


What lesson have we learned here today? Sometimes old attractions that we haven't visited in a while can become new favorites, and I suppose the opposite can be true as well (The Great Movie Ride, for instance, is now much lower on my favorites list than it used to be), but we'll never discover these things unless we make a point to stop and try them out again. I get questioned a lot about whether or not Disney gets boring, and since it's literally impossible to do everything in one trip (unless you stay for a month or two, I suppose), the answer is no. Just because I rode the teacups years ago doesn't mean I remembered them clearly, and that means that even an old attraction that maybe you wrote off can become new and exciting again. And no, it's not always about discovering the "new" things either. It's about exploring everything the Disney Parks have to offer, and I'm fairly certain that alone would take a lifetime. 

Or at least a few more spins on the teacups. 

Have a magical day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment