Saturday, May 14, 2016

Day 1230: Last Summer


In the few years since my family bought a new, digital video camera, I've filmed over 3000 individual videos. An overwhelming number of those have been on Disney property, usually for vlogs, and plenty of them were filmed at home, recording concerts and such. However, a significant percentage of those videos is also made up by smaller videos, filmed at home for my YouTube channel. 

Last summer I really wanted to expand on my YouTube channel. I'd thought about it for years, and I tried a few times. But then, somewhere along the line, I found a groove. It hasn't always been easy, but I'm finding it easier and easier to brainstorm, film, and edit videos that you eventually get to see. However, with a new summer ahead of us, I figured it would be a great time to look back at some of my favorite videos from last summer! 

In one of my first videos of the summer, I told a story of terror...literally. I hated Tower of Terror for pretty much my entire childhood and well into my adult life. This is the story of that hate. 


Following the trend D23 started, I also shared another story: the story of when my love of Disney really started. I searched through pictures from when I was a kid, found an old cassette tape, and geared up for a music filled journey. 


Then, annoyed by some of the questions I get all the time, I created a video about those questions. While I may be just one Disney fan, I'm certain that my fellow fans have heard at least a few of these more than a few times. 


I love trying new things with my hair. I taught myself how to braid and curl and do all sorts of other things to it, and that got me thinking about other Disney hairstyles. You see classic how-to videos all the time, but what about other hairstyles that are less talked about? I mean, who wouldn't want Spaceship Earth hair? 


As I prepared for my trip to Disneyland, it occurred to me that there are certain things we all do before we head on a Disney trip, and this video explored just a few of those habits. 


And finally, at the very end of the summer, I took footage from my trip to Disneyland for a celebration of the 60th anniversary of the original Disney Park. 


I can tell you right now that this summer's videos will be quite different from last summer, but they will have one thing in common: Disney. I've got pages and pages filled in my notebook with ideas for what to do next, and I can't wait to get started! 

Have a magical day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment