Monday, June 9, 2014

Day 525: Secret Garden

Day 28 of the Disney Photo Challenge: A picture of your favorite place to hide from the crowds. 


Blast from the Past: 



Hmmm, I really have to think about this one. Granted, when don't I have to think about the answers to these questions? 

Favorite place to hide from the crowds? I suppose I'll pick one from each of the parks, because I don't have a favorite overall because it depends on where I am. 

At Magic Kingdom I'd have to say that my favorite place to hide from the crowds is Tom Sawyer Island. Generally there are a bunch of people around there too, but at the same time, it's a pretty big island, and those tunnels provide for some great (although spooky) places to hide. During the holiday seasons it's normally busier, but I don't let it bother me. One doesn't HAVE to go over the barrel bridge, or to the Fort or the windmill...no, there are benches scattered all over. Find one and just hang out! 

Within the walls of EPCOT, probably...the jumping fountains, especially at night. During the day there are some people up there, but at night it's generally pretty quiet. The only reason it's really ever busy up there at all is because of the exit from Captain EO. It's a beautiful spot to hang out. Otherwise, you can normally find a quiet secluded place somewhere in World Showcase. And yes, the fountains really do JUMP. When no one's around (or even when they are) it's a great time trying to catch them in the air. I'll have to take you there in the vlogs! 

Hollywood Studios doesn't have a ton of little spots, but the Antique shop isn't very busy generally. My favorite place to hang out is in the backlot area, on the Streets of America. Especially in off-season, there aren't too many people back there. I don't know why, but there just aren't. Unfortunately during the holiday season you've got the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights, so it's busier back there that time of year. 

Finally, Animal Kingdom. This is a great place to just hide out. I love going through the trails, where people generally travel pretty fast. But there are cast members everywhere just waiting to tell you about the animals, talk about their care, their natural habitat, anything! It's an awesome place to learn a little bit AND get away from the crowds. Actually though, if I remember correctly, as a child, my favorite place to hang out in this park was on this one dinosaur. My brother and I would spend what felt like HOURS on this thing as kids...although we're a bit too big to go and play on it now. There are often kids there, especially during the busy season, but sometimes...just sometimes...you can get him (or her) all to yourself. 

Back to the Future: 



I'm gonna narrow this down to just one, since the Jumping Fountains at Epcot really do probably top the list. I make it a point to head over there at least once a trip to take pictures and catch the fountains. It's calming, especially at night when Captain EO is closed and there are even fewer people.

But here's a fun fact for you! The Imagination Garden was actually Michael Jackson's favorite place at Walt Disney World, or so I've heard. He loved it there, and I can definitely understand why.

Because really, who wouldn't like chilling by the fountains, trying to catch them, while watching the monorail go by?

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on August 22).

No comments:

Post a Comment