Friday, June 20, 2014

Day 536: WDW Kids

In order to appreciate where you are now, you really need to appreciate where you came from. This is definitely something I've learned for the past year or so, simply because I was stuck in the middle of a situation where I worked like crazy for a long time only to have people disregard all of that work faster than they even realized. Therefore, I now have a bit of a deeper appreciation for the past, and the journey that led me to where I am right now, sitting in my dorm room typing what seems like the hundredth blog post in the past two days (Actually it's about the 12th).

I realized that as much as I talk about why I started Everyday Disney in general, and how it came to be, there's a large portion of the story that I'm actually leaving out. As of today (actually October 30), I'm 19 years old, but I started blogging a long, LONG time ago. Everyday Disney began when I was 17, but I started blogging when I was 14. That's younger than my brother is right now, and it's sort of odd to think about.

My first Disney blog, or at least that I can still find and remember, was called WDW Kids, and it started on April 6, 2010. Surprisingly enough, it went on for about 16 posts, which isn't bad considering most other times I made attempts to start a blog it ended at about post 3. You can find the whole blog HERE, if you want to check it out, but note that I wrote that stuff a really long time ago. Even just reading it is sort of strange, simply because a 14 year old version of myself wrote that, and my writing has certainly changed since then.

In fact, so much has changed since those days that I can't even begin to describe how much. My interests were different, my friend group was different (some of the people I call very close friends today I didn't even know yet back then, and in some cases, there are friends that have both come and gone in the time span of between then and now).

With so many blog posts to write, I don't really have the time to go through and reread all of my old posts right now, but I did go back and read a couple of them, and I welcome you to if you want. There are certainly some similarities between those posts and ones that are featured here on Everyday Disney. But goodness...16 posts and this one has almost 700. How did that happen? Plus, it's entertaining to actually WATCH me fall in love with Tangled, if only over the span of a couple posts. I remember going to see Tangled, and I remember that blog.

Things certainly do keep moving forward, don't they?

Have a magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on October 30).



No comments:

Post a Comment