Saturday, June 14, 2014

Day 530: Blog Challenge

Writing a blog specifically about Disney and how it fits into my everyday life makes it a bit complicated to try and search for generic blog post ideas, and you can't really just write about something and NOT relate it at least a little bit to Disney (although I'm sure I stretch it enough from time to time). But I had a lot of blog posts to make up, so I tried to make some of the generic ones a little less generic...or at least reduce some of the ideas into one blog post.

So since (technically in the future) I've done some challenge posts, I figure I'll do one more...31 Days of Blog Posts, all in one day. Thank goodness this one is a little bit easier to do.


1. Introduction


I think this is a bit pointless at this rate, don't you? I'm Lizzie. I love Disney. I write a blog about it. End of Story.

2. 20 Facts about Me (My Addition: That you probably don't already know)


1. I have an obsession with Ritz crackers (I'm eating some right now).
2. I really love corgis and golden retrievers.
3. Post It Notes are like my Life Support.
4. My favorite kind of Snapple is Snapple Apple.
5. I tend to write a lot of stuff by hand and am OCD about my handwriting.
6. I go through pens like some people go through gallons of milk.
7. I don't like tea...unless it's chai or CaptainSwan tea.
8. I hate airplanes. HATE THEM.
9. I can't stand being too hot...I prefer being just a bit cold, but am not a fan of the cold either...
10. I don't really drink soda. I stopped drinking it about a year ago.
11. My desk at school is generally fairly clean, but my desk at home is a disaster.
12. Lotion is necessary in cold weather...but makes my hands feel super weird.
13. I'm actually seriously good with hairstyles.
14. Some people like shoes...I like jackets (especially leather ones).
15. I love making cupcakes, but very rarely actually eat them.
16. I'm not a huge fan of cookies.
17. Someday I'm going to own cats named Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker.
18. I literally could not live without my phone. I am that person.
19. I'm 100% terrified of going on Tower of Terror.
20. I go to bed at roughly the same time every night (ironic because tonight is not one of those nights!).

3. Meaning of my Business Name


Well, I don't have a business, but I do have Everyday Disney, which is a representation of the fact that Disney makes it's appearance in our daily lives, somewhere, somehow.

4. Earliest childhood memory


I remember a blue balloon outside of Mama Melrose's at MGM Studios. Literally, that's the earliest thing I remember. Unless that was on a trip after the time I stayed at the Grand Floridian. I remember that. Aside from Disney? I've got nothing until I'm a bit older.

5. My guilty pleasure


Spoilers. Can't live with them, can't live without them. During hiatus, I need them like air, and during the season I feel like a complete idiot for looking at them. It's a problem.

6. 3 Personality Traits I am Proud Of


Persistence: I'm not one to give up on something I really have my mind set on, no matter how impossible it may seem. If I'm going to write a daily blog about Disney, I'm going to write a daily blog about Disney.

Go-With-The-Flow Attitude: I'm a hyper person, but I'm also pretty calm. I go along with a lot of things, simply because I know that the small things won't matter in the long run anyway, no matter how big they seem in the moment.

Helpfulness: Although it's sometimes a bit frustrating that I seriously do not know how to say "no," I also feel like I'm a generally helpful person, and I like that about myself. Helping other people is one of my favorite things to do.

7. 10 Favorite Foods (in no particular order)


1. Right Now? Ritz Crackers
2. Zebra Domes
3. Cheese
4. Turkey Shwarma
5. Irish Nacho Bar (yes it's a thing...just go along with it)
6. Butterfinger Cupcakes
7. Ice Cream
8. Nacho Cheese
9. Bagels with Cream Cheese
10. Bacon

8. Old Photo of Me


9. Piercings and Tattoos? 


Nope, I've got nothing here.

10. First Celebrity Crush


Harrison Ford. I'm an old soul.

11. Most Proud Moment


Marching Down Main Street USA with my High School Band, for sure. I'm so absolutely proud of everything that group has accomplished and how far they've come since my Freshman year. I'm glad I got the chance to be a part of all of that.

12. If I won the lottery...


I would go to Disney World, and Steveston to watch OUAT film, pay off my college education and then give the rest to charity.

13. Favorite Quote


At the moment..."Life is made up of moments. Good ones; bad ones, but they're all worth living." - Prince Charming, Once Upon A Time

14. What is in my handbag? 


Oh gosh...running off of memory here: my wallet, money, Disney autograph book, keys, sunglasses, receipts, a pen probably, and aspirin for sure, although I'm sure there's something else in there.

15. Timeline of my Day


Depends on the day, but generally I get up, go to class, watch some Netflix, go to class, go to class, go to class, practice my instruments, come back to my dorm, do my homework, work on something or other on the internet and then go to bed. Oh, and eating is in there too. Lots of eating. Snacks are important.

16. Dream Job


Working for Disney...in any part of it. Imagineering would be spectacular, but I'd settle for literally anything that makes use of my talents. I'd also totally love to work as a writer on a television show or film, although something tells me I've got a long way to go before getting to that point.

17. Favorite Childhood Book


The Ghost Family Meets It's Match. I don't remember much else aside from the fact that it was about a family of ghosts that has to deal with the new family that just moved into their house...only to eventually find out that the new family is a family of warewolves. I borrowed it from the school library probably hundreds of times.

18. What am I afraid of? 


Planes, tornadoes, spiders, falling down stairs, you name it. But especially those first two.

19. My Worst Habits


I procrastinate like no other (I am, after all, writing a post from June in October...). That's probably my worst habit. I also tend to bite off more than I can chew, which can be a problem from time to time.

20. Where I Want to be in 10 years


Hopefully I'll be out in California with a job with Disney. That would be ideal. Other than that I don't really know. Life is weird like that. It changes all the time, so who knows where I could be.

21. Something I Miss


Right now? My cat. I miss her sitting on my lap while I work, even if I am allergic to her. I also really miss Disney, and I miss the friends I used to have, although I guess I can't really say that because maybe they were never really my true friends to begin with. And my brother a bit. College is weird, not seeing him everyday.

22. 10 Favorite Songs (In no particular order)


1. Promise/Illuminations
2. American Dream
3. Rude
4. Shake it Off
5. When Can I See You Again
6. Perfect Stranger
7. The Entire OUAT Soundtrack
8. On Top of the World
9. Don't Deserve You
10. Charley's Girl

23. Pet Peeves


I can't stand betrayal. I'm talking like you make it seem like you really care about someone and then just completely turn against you. That annoys me so much. Uh, road rage really gets on my nerves, as does swearing. I mean, go ahead and swear, I just don't do it personally. Oh, and totally when people feel the need to share every element of their relationship with the entirety of the internet. Keep your personal life you yourselves people.

24. A Difficult Time In My Life


The past year really. The transition to college is rough for a lot of people, but there were a lot of alternate factors that just made life pretty difficult for me. My friend group changed and there was a lot of stress and rumors and just...drama in general. So glad it's mostly over.

25. Best Physical Features


I've been told I have really great hair.

26. 5 Favorite Blogs


Oh man...I don't know. I don't think I can even choose some because I don't really read any of them regularly since my schedule is constantly changing. It's more of a "I read like 100 different blogs at completely random times and don't ever follow just one."


27. What Makes Me Feel Better, Always


Colin O'Donoghue. My roommates figured that one out. OUAT, but more than anything: Disney Music and Disney Parks anything. I also love driving around in my car.

28. Last Time I Cried


I cried while laughing last night. Does that count? Because if not I have no clue.

29. Top Things On My Bucket List


Visit Every Disney Park in the World
Meet Everyone on my "Famous People I want to Meet" List
Work for Disney
Move to California
Perfect the Art of Cupcake Making
Write a Book

30. Favorite Comfort Food


Hmmm...Ritz Crackers? Boy I'm just really loving the crackers today, aren't I?

31. Weird Quirk of Mine


I love driving. Like, if I'm in the car, 98% of the time I'm driving it. I just don't like riding in cars, so I drive everyone everywhere. I prefer it, and I love driving with no real destination but rather just sort of discovering new things. It's a great way to see the state I live in and it's super calming.

I honestly don't know how I could write about one of those things every day. I mean, I guess I could have had longer answers for some of them, but at the same time, there's no way I could make an entire post about some of that.

Then again...I'm pretty sure I could. After all, I've had some blog posts about some pretty darn ridiculous things.

Have magical day!

(Note: This blog post was written on October 29).

No comments:

Post a Comment