Saturday, November 8, 2014

Day 677: Changing the Countdown

I've been counting down to Disney Trips for almost as long as I can remember, and over the years I've had some pretty creative ways of counting. Sometimes it would be a countdown for the last ten days, other times the wait would be in the hundreds, but regardless the ending was always the same: Disney.

Now a days, I count down to a lot of things. On my phone I have a countdown app that allows me three separate countdowns, one of which is almost always set to a Disney vacation. At the moment, a second one is set for a Disney trip, which happens to be Disneyland next August in addition to my WDW trip this January. In between I have one other countdown, since I'm quite excited about the fact that in a few months I'll be meeting Alton Brown, Food Network Television Host and Creator of Good Eats, the show that actually inspired me to cook and bake. We'll get into that in February though. Actually, I'm not sure what I'm going to do in a couple of weeks when I have to recreate a countdown for Once Upon A Time because it'll go on hiatus again and I always countdown when it's on hiatus.

Either way, aside from my phone, I have other ways to countdown to my latest vacation, and this time I'm quite excited about the fact that I share the countdown with my best friends. It's definitely depressing to have a countdown just for yourself. You want to share the excitement, and that's something I can do now!

The problem? Countdowns have to be updated. The nice thing about the phone is that it updates how many days are left all by itself. I don't have to worry about it whatsoever. But if I have another countdown I have to make sure that it stays up to date. It took over a year to figure out how to do that, but I finally realized that the best day to keep it updated is to make the amount larger, or wider rather. So instead of counting specifically how many days, I've been doing months...although I was still behind until today. Once we hit the one month mark in a few weeks I'll count it down by the weeks themselves, although eventually I'll head home and make a different countdown there. The countdowns have gotten more colorful over time too. I think this is my favorite so far, and there's been countdowns for just about everything on that whiteboard!


Of course, Butterfinger the Bear is pretty darn adorable too. He keeps me company. =)

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment