Monday, November 24, 2014

Day 693: Face Characters

Sometimes, and by sometimes I mean all the time, I forget that my friends haven't been to Disney as often as I have, and therefore they don't realize the same kinds of things that I do about Disney. They don't know what Spaceship Earth is and they haven't had a dole whip and they most certainly don't know what I'm talking about when I say "Fastpass." But beyond that, there are apparently a lot of things that I just take completely for granted, such as face characters.

I wasn't actually in the room when the initial conversation happened, but it's been an ongoing thing over the past few days. Of the four of us that live n Room 309, three of us have been to Disney World, and therefore we've had just a bit of experience of it at all...or at least parts of it. But that leaves Ashley, who's never been before (and we hope to fix that in the future!). Initially, from what I've heard, she didn't realize that face characters actually act like the characters, instead they would just freeze for a picture and sign and autograph and that's about it.

Of course, we all know that there's so much more to it than just that. Face characters are an essential part of the Disney Parks. Not every character is a "Face character," and by that I mean they're portrayed by an actor, who has the ability to speak with the guest and make their own facial expressions, unlike the other characters (Mickey or Minnie for instance), who have a large head put on top of their's with no ability to talk.

So when we watched some videos of Gaston, things got a bit excited around our room. Here's the specific video that started it all though:



You sure can't beat kids when it comes to meeting characters, and a little bit of me wishes I had met more kids when I was a kid. Granted, in just a few weeks I'll be meeting as many characters as humanly possible because I WANT TO MEET THEM ALL and I have friends with me and even if Megan isn't a huge fan of characters we're going to meet Anna and Elsa anyways and it's going to be wonderful. 

And yeah, of course we'll be meeting Gaston. 

Have a magical day! 

(Note: This blog post was written on December 12 due to Finals!)

No comments:

Post a Comment