Monday, February 2, 2015

Day 763: Finding the Time

There are 24 hours in a day.

That's 1440 minutes.

And 86,400 seconds.

And still, somehow, I can't find enough time to get everything done.

I suppose, however, that's the real life of a college student, and don't worry, I have NO intention of stopping this blog just because I tend to get behind due to a busy schedule (if I'm behind now I don't even want to think about next semester). To be honest, my biggest problem right now, or in the past few weeks rather, has been a sick laptop. HAL, after his extremely terrifying bath, has been back functioning on some level...but about two weeks ago (as I'm writing this), a virus took over him, making it almost impossible to access the internet. Luckily, I was able to get rid of the virus so I can once again use him, but he's still got a full hard drive replacement ahead of him, and I don't think either of us are excited about that. (Will that make him HAL9001?)

And then, following almost not bringing HAL back with me to school, I was ushered into what I like to call the never ending week, of which, finally, I am almost finished with. This past weekend (you really need to realize I'm writing this on February 19, not February 2 like I should have done), I watched, housed, played with and followed around 50 high school students around my college campus and music building, as our Winter BandFest was upon us. The SNC Wind Ensemble and Music Department puts on the festival every February, bringing in high school students to perform in an honors group and stay overnight in our college dorms. It was 30 hours of absolutely exhausting work that left me in a very odd, not good mood come Monday. It wasn't the fault of anyone though, as the kids were absolutely wonderful, playing a beautiful concert with us on Sunday and it was all definitely worth it...although I could have done with a bit more sleep.

BandFest weekend led straight into another long week here at SNC, but I do have one very Disney story to share that isn't featured in another blog post (I have the topics all sorted out for every day I have to make up between February 2-19)!

For my French class we were instructed to write a short story about our worst vacation. It could be real or completely made up, and when you take trips to Disney World and pretty much no where else, there's no such thing as a worst vacation. So I, being the English major I am, came up with a different story (Assisted by my lovely friends Allie and Brody) that ended up being pretty darn entertaining. Since it definitely has some Disney references in it, I figured I would share, in English of course:

My worst vacation was when I went skiing with my friends named Berlioz, Colin and Michelle. We went to the North Pole, where it was very cold. We stayed at a ski resort named Black Mountain. Our trip began nicely with a good dinner of scallops and trout, but then things took a turn for the worst. First, Colin broke his leg when skiing. He was taken to the hospital. Then Berlioz fell out a window and hit his head. He got amnesia. Finally, Michelle was kidnapped by a yeti and was lost forever. After Michelle disappeared I returned to the hospital to help Colin and Berlioz return home. On the plane, we found out the yeti was our pilot and we feared for our lives. Did we make it home? You may never know. 

And that's what my French professor got to read...although in extremely rough French rather than English that's prepared for extremely rough French. He liked it though, so that's a success in my book!

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on February 19).

No comments:

Post a Comment