Friday, February 20, 2015

Day 781: Wash All The Dishes

Another pretty short blog post for you today, but it won't be over without references to college, The Chinese New Year and, of course, Disney!

The other night, we were faced with a common problem in my dorm room: dishes. You see, there are four of us living in this one little dorm room, and in this little dorm room we drink A LOT of coffee and tea, not to mention the ridiculous amounts of oatmeal and other food we tend to eat. In the end, this accumulates to a surplus of dishes:



And when there's as many dishes as we have here (and that's actually not even all of them), you really need some serious music to go along with your dishwashing escapades. I try to mix up my music every so often, listening, as you know, to everything from Pearl Jam to Classical Music to Disney Parks to Christina Perri to Once Upon A Time to who knows what else, so I did what every other crazy music person like me would do: I asked someone else what I should listen to. My roommate Hannah helped me instantly on this very important decision, recommending the Mulan soundtrack, and boy was that a good choice.



I mean, when "I'll Make a Man Out Of You" comes on, you just have to get your work done while simultaneously pretending to fight the Huns. Needless to say, the dishes were done pretty quickly, and it wasn't until later that I realized that Mulan happened to be the absolute perfect choice when it came to a soundtrack for the day. Why? Because February 20 happened to be the beginning of the Chinese New Year!

So as we begin another lunar year, I encourage you all to do your dishes, preferably before it gets to the state that our bathroom sink was in when I finally got around to it last week. But, in the chances that you are as procrastination-filled as my roommates and I, I do suggest the Mulan soundtrack for your next date with the soap and sponge.

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on February 24).

No comments:

Post a Comment