Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Day 764: Tumblr

Now that I'm back at SNC, it means that I can be logged into all my social media on all my devices all the time. It's actually a serious relief, because when I'm at home, I can't sit on Tumblr all day and then I feel distant from all of my tumblr friends. Plus...if you're not on Tumblr, why not? If you're a college student like me, it's a spectacular way to waste time and procrastinate on your homework (and blog writing).

But I have indeed hit a road block.

I actually have three different tumblr blogs. One is my personal, another is my Everyday Disney blog and the third is a secret. I can't tell you much more about that last one...but maybe sometime in the future (hint hint, wink wink, nod nod). Regardless, these three blogs are all about different things...sort of. Well, at least two of them are about different things, and my personal one just overlaps, which leaves me with a serious problem.

Where do I blog certain things to?

That's not the only question though. For instance, if it applies to more than one blog, do I reblog it twice...once to each? Do I tag things all the time or should I go the lazy route and not tag everything? And so on and so forth.

This really is a problem though, as I'm really trying to be better about updating all my social media (which is a solid half hour a day effort when you get down to it). I mean, I have my personal social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and Pinterest; My Everyday Disney accounts: Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr; And then the conjoined ones: YouTube and Google+. This is all on top of keeping the blog itself updated, and after a while you just have to throw little bits and pieces of time in wherever you can find it.

For instance, I generally end up checking my twitter constantly, but Tumblr I might only go on if there's big news or if I've got a solid ten minutes between classes or right before bed. Facebook happens maybe once a day...and that's sometimes pushing it (sort of a paradox since I literally JUST checked my Facebook on my phone). Instagram I check regularly, probably just as much as twitter, and as you all know, I have at least one picture on there a day as part of the #EverydayDisneyChallenge.

As you can see, social media really is an extra part of the job...then again, maybe that's why companies literally employ people to work their social media accounts. I'm pretty sure I would rock that job...

You can, of course, follow my social media whenever you like! I'm working on getting links to the Everyday Disney official accounts up, but my personal ones are all listed at the side. You can find the official Everyday Disney twitter @everydaydis and on Tumblr at everydaydisneyblog.tumblr.com!

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on February 19).



No comments:

Post a Comment