Saturday, February 14, 2015

Day 775: The Copy Room

What exactly do I do for a job these days? I make copies. And copies, and more copies. And on the rare occasion that I'm not making copies, I'm hanging around watching 50 some high school students just in case one of them needs a copy.

In all reality, I actually love my job. I sit down in the basement of the music building in the music library, sorting music, and from time to time I make my way upstairs to make copies for one of the groups. Meanwhile, at the moment, I'm in between music copying phases, and instead have to just sit and organize music. This, of course, allows me for plenty of time to listen to music, and it changes by the day, but that's another blog post.

The important part here is that over Valentine's weekend I not only played on two concerts with the Wind Ensemble, but also spent around 30 hours watching or ushering around those 50 high school students, all of whom were thankfully very well behaved. We had 0 problems, which definitely made my life easier, but it left me feeling pretty tired by the end of it all. On top of that, I got really far behind in all my work, and that would be why it's almost the end of February and I'm sitting here just now blogging for the majority of the month. Yeah, it's a problem.

But by far the greatest part of my job (aside from having my own desk and brilliant new Mac) is the ability to look through our music library. Of course, I have no say in what we play, but just the pure knowledge that we have a John Williams piece in our library makes my day a million times better. Of course, I also get pretty excited when we play a piece that has something to do with Disney, but once again, that's another blog post (that seems to be a reoccurring theme today).

Other than that, I really have no idea where this blog post is going. Those 30 hours of my life were largely uneventful aside from listening to music and studying for a French test, so there isn't much else to say for once. But I did somehow relate all of this to Disney on some level (Music, John Williams, etc), so it still counts.

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on February 24).

No comments:

Post a Comment