Monday, February 16, 2015

Day 777: Wishful Thinking

Whenever I say "Wishful Thinking" I can't help but think of Carrie Fisher's Autobio "Wishful Drinking," which is very good, by the way (although I don't recommend it for anyone under 18). Alas, that's a different topic for a different day, and instead we must turn to a much more disappointing feeling.

Continuing Disney Depression.

Now, for some reason, and I think it has something to do with the band trip video being finished and a lack of OUAT, I've been stuck for the past few weeks in a serious case of Disney Depression. It's actually kind of weird because I know exactly when my trip to Disneyland is, and while it's six months away still, I have plenty of Disney to look forward to. Plus, I have my Disney Starbucks mugs (I just got the Hollywood Studios one) to bring a little extra magic to my morning coffee, but still...I'm stuck in this rut.

Last week, I remember distinctly sitting at my desk in my dorm room, wanting nothing more than to just walk through the stores at Downtown Disney. Specifically, for some reason I really wanted to go to Basin and look at all the Bath Bombs, but I have literally no idea why. It could be because the number of people I follow on Instagram who are currently at Disney (especially on the College Program) has multiplied, or just because I'm missing home.

Regardless, it's led to a lot of wishful thinking. Wishing I could be at Downtown Disney, or just people watching on a bench at The Magic Kingdom. Taking pictures at Epcot or browsing the stores of Hollywood Studios, all before heading to Animal Kingdom for a ride on Kilimanjaro. Of course, instead of doing those things I spend most of my time just sitting at my desk, writing blog posts or studying, although Netflix and Tumblr seem to be popular options these days as well.

Although, as you'll see a few blog posts from now, that wishful thinking seemed to pay off, in a way. But that's another topic for another day. After all, I have to keep some semblance of order around here, even though I end up blogging at super weird times.

But here's a question: What are you missing most about Disney right now?

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on February 24).

No comments:

Post a Comment