Thursday, February 26, 2015

Day 787: The Red Carpet

Well, it's over.

I guess I'm now technically allowed to post this, considering the fact that the band trip video premiere has come and gone. It means I can finally talk a little bit more about the video itself, and while I cannot share the entirety of the 57 minute feature, I CAN share one segment with you:



While only one of many, many segments, the Hollywood Studios portion just happens to be my favorite. It took around 5-6 hours to edit, features footage from 4 different trips, all perfectly blended together with pictures and the music from the Finale of Fantasmic to create the masterpiece that you can watch above. 

Overall, I'm very very proud of what I accomplished with the Band Trip Video, and I'm excited that I am able to share at least a little bit of it with you. So many people made this 57 minute feature possible, and the fact that I was, indeed, able to attend the premiere gave me quite a bit of joy. I don't really get anything in return for the over 150 hours I spent on this thing, aside from the knowledge that it, hopefully, made a lot of people in the group happy. I am, however, very glad it's all over. This video ruled my life for a very long time, so to have it completely premiered and out of my hands is a huge relief. 

On the other hand, I'm kind of lost with what to do now. Aside from my schoolwork, I generally need other projects to keep myself busy. However, I do have several vlogs to edit from January yet, the first of which is already finished and will hopefully go up soon. Although I do suppose this gives me more time to work on Everyday Disney. After all, there are some new features I've been working on since the beginning of the year which have to go up eventually.

But I will say that my favorite moment of the premiere was when, during the credits, everyone just continued to clap and I sat there like "What in the world do I do?" I understand you Oscar winners. I understand you. Especially since I really had like no words to say and then they clapped again and I was just like "I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" (said in the voice of the wonderful Colin O'Donoghue). Hopefully I'll be able to share a few more segments of the Band Trip Video (affectionately named One Band's Dream), in the future, but for now, I hope you enjoy the Hollywood Studios segment as much as I enjoyed making it.

Have a magical day!


(Note: This blog post was written on February 27 due to a late return from the video premiere).

No comments:

Post a Comment